Monday, January 2, 2012

And away I go!!

SO here it is...the week I go to PARIS :)  It feels like I have been waiting for this moment for about the past year!!
Bags are packed (stuffed) ...kinda. I still have some work to do on that!
In one week I will be settled in with my homestay family and have reconvened with the BC group for our first day of "orientation", after spending two fun days with the F Cook cousins :)
I hope my homestay couple are "foodies" as my dad calls it and that I learn a lot from them.  I am so excited to be living  a stone's throw away from Place des Vosges, one of my favorite places in Paris, as well as La Bastille, Le Marais, potentially with an open air market on my street! Life doesn't get much better than this :)  
Re-watched a bit of Paris Je t'Aime in preparation and to get reallllly excited...one of my all-time favorite movies :)
Can't wait to get back to french pens and notebooks haha I realize that is sort of a specific thing to be excited about but it's the truth!  
Going to bring a french book on the plane to warm up my vocab haha...but really.




WISH ME LUCK!
A Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment